Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

how do I connect my new lcd tv to my home theater system when

Customer Question

how do I connect my new lcd tv to my home theater system when there are no audio out jacks on the tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance...

Initially, post back with the model numbers of the TV and the home theater. Additionally, are there external AV sources used with the TV such as a cable box, a satellite receiver and/or a DVD player? If yes, their model numbers too please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tv mocel number is XXXXX
the home theater is a Sony DAV-HPX277WC and there is a calbe box. the problem is there are no jacks labeled qudio out on the TV and that is what our other lcd TV had to connect TV to home theater and we can't figure out how to connect without audio out
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Offhand and in TV mode, the Westinghouse may be connected by a digital /coaxial audio cable from its rear's COAXIAL OUT to the Sony's TV/VIDEO DIGITAL IN COAXIAL.

Alternately (but depending on availability / model number of the cable box), the cable box's red & white RCA jacks marked AUDIO OUT may be connected to the Sony's TV/VIDEO R AUDIO IN L.

Unfortunately, the Westinghouse VR4030 does not have analog / stereo red & white jacks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not having red and white jacks, will this prevent us from connecting successfully to our home theater system or not?
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
As posted above and in TV mode, the Westinghouse may be connected by a digital /coaxial audio cable from its rear's COAXIAL OUT to the Sony's TV/VIDEO DIGITAL IN COAXIAL; not the regulat red & white RCA cable.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where do we have to go to get the digital coaxial cable and is that preferable to usting the rca jacks from the cable box? Or doesn't it matter"
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
The coaxial audio connection is preferable as it is digital. However the RCA cable is easier and should be readily available.

May I suggest to temporarily wire the cable box to the Sony using the red & white RCA cables. This way the home theater would work while watching cable TV.

The digital coaxial audio cable should be readily available from most audio/video stores and even electronic parts stores. Online it may be purchased from HERE.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
haven't read latest reply yet
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
To repost:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My husband just left to go buy a coaxial cable may I wait to pay until we see if it works or not?
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Of course.

This is not an Info Request.