Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

How do you increase the volume on a 24" Toshiba LED tv? The

Customer Question

How do you increase the volume on a 24" Toshiba LED tv? The remote is at 100% but the volume is very low. I can't find a manual volume control on the tv itself. Thanks
JG
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tim,
Thank you for your response.
Toshiba 24" model LC 1767P purchased August 2011.
I only use it with a Rogers digital box. I recently moved it to another spot, hooked it to a second rogers digital box and it still has very low volume. I cannot find any controls other than on/off on the tv itself.
Jan
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Do you have anything like DVD that you can hook to the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but it is hooked to another tv so it will take a few minutes to hook to this one. How will this help?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
We just need to make sure that two different types of devices have this issue.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I'll see if I can hook it up.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Ok let me know.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have it hooked up but..... sounds really dumb.... but how do I view from the DVD? I never use it.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Did you change the input on the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How - can't believe I don't know how to do this
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Do you see a TV/VIDEO or INPUT button on the toshiba remote?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a Rogers remote. there is a TV button.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
You need to use the toshiba remote.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will look for it although I have programmed the universal to turn the DVD on and off. It has a video source button but when I push it, it says no video source.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
You can look on the tv too, is there an input or tv/video button on the tv itself?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok! I found the Toshiba remote and am now viewing the video
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Ok how is the audio?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will not go any louder using this remote
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
So the audio from the dvd and the rogers box is low?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is average, not low but I cannot get it to go louder than average - maybe it is just this tv ????? I think the problem is that there is no way on the tv to raise the volume. I am accustomed to setting the tv loud and then using the remote to control the audio. That's why I was on the internet to see if I could find a solution.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately this is a common complaint on your television, I think the issue you are having is that it is working as designed just not as loud as most people would like. Your only real option would be to get an external sound system like a sound bar and hook that to the tv for additional audio.

Tim