Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience installing and repairing electronics.

LG 37LB4D turn on light flashes 10 times then the tv snaps

LG 37LB4D turn on light flashes 10 times then the tv snaps and the light flashes again. TV never comes on
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Electronics Pete :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I am Pete, a TV expert, and I'm happy to assist with your question today.

Electronics Pete :

How old is your LG 37LB4D TV?

Customer: About 3 years
Electronics Pete :

What color is the flashing light?

Customer: Manufactured may 2007
Electronics Pete :

What color is the flashing light?

Customer: Green
Electronics Pete :

Have you left the TV turned off and unplugged from the power supply for 30 minutes, then tried turning it on again?

Customer: Yes
Electronics Pete :

And after this reset, it still has the same problem?

Customer: Correct
Electronics Pete :

Ok, this indicates that the power supply board inside your TV is not working correctly.

Electronics Pete :

Sometimes a reset can correct the problem, but if it still fails to turn on then the power supply board will need to be replaced.

Customer: What do u think that would cost
Electronics Pete :

A replacement board will cost around $100, and around $50-100 labor for fitting it, if you cannot fit it yourself.

Customer: How hard is it to install
Electronics Pete :

Not too hard if you have some technical experience - you will need to remove the rear panel off the TV, then unscrew the old board and remove the cable connections from it. Take the old board out and fit the new one in its place, then screw it in and connect the cables again.

Electronics Pete :

It's a time-consuming job and should take around two hours to complete.

Customer: Ok, I will have to think about it. Have u heard of this problem with other LG tvs
Electronics Pete :

Yes, it is a common problem with all modern LCD TV's.

Electronics Pete :

The components used on the power supply board can fail after a few years of use.

Customer: OK Thanks for the help
Electronics Pete :

Glad I could help.

Electronics Pete :

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience: 12+ years experience installing and repairing electronics.