Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Samsung DV3 full HD 1080p tv only 2 years old. Can

Customer Question

I have a Samsung DV3 full HD 1080p tv only 2 years old. Can you tell why all of sudden I get a blank screen and it turns itself of and on when trying to view normal tv reception. But if I turn my PS3 on it works fine, can play games and watch dvd's with a clear picture, but as soon as I turn it to tv its just blank, I'm baffled..
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-Do you have cable, satellite or antenna?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, tv model is LA46A550P1FXXY and its connected via antenna which are all new
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
Did you run the channel scan?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The tv won't allow me to scan with blank screen, I can't bring the tools or menu up on the screen unless I turn the PS3 on, and if I select scan for channels it disconnects the PS3 and goes back to tv mode and blank screen.......

where,s the ACCEPT

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
So when you have the blank screen, if you press the MENU button on the tv itself, the menu wont show up?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nothing at all, Tim, I don't understand why I know the tv's on but it will switch of and on by itself if left in that mode. But if I turn the PS3 on it gets the playstation home page and I can play my games ok and watch dvd's. I can bring up the tv menu's on there but if I try to use them it dissconnects the PS and hence back to the blank screen....
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
I have never seen that before. I am going to opt out and see i any other experts have seen this one.