Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

The sound went out on my LG 50" Pasma TV

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

What is the model number off the back of the set?

When did this problem occur?

Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (Cable box, DVD, etc.), and do you have no sound regardless of which you're trying to watch?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tv is on the wall ican't behide it but the PN 50ps30aus theSN 912rmfp002627 The sound went out yesterday The system is connected to Directv Playstation 3 and a sond system.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Is the sound gone on BOTH Direct TV and the PS3?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tvs up stairs work fine they are also hooked to Directv. The playstation3 works fine its just the sound on the tv it self

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

What I'm asking is does the PS3 have sound on this TV currently?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Okay, if the PS3 does have sound on this TV, but Direct TV does not, then the problem is not with the TV.

First, make sure the Volume is turned up on BOTH the Direct TV box AND the TV. Each has its own independent volume control and if one or the other is turned down, then you will have no sound.

Beyond this, please reset the system by following the steps below:

Please shut the TV and Direct TV box down. Unplug the Direct TV box from AC power for minutes. During this time, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends, making sure it is secure. Then plug the cable box back in, turn on and let it reboot. Once it's rebooted, then turn on the TV and attempt to watch a program.

The sound should be back on at this point.

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the directv and the playstion3 both have sound
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

I'm confused, you said the TV lost sound. If the Direct TV and the PS3 both have sound from the TV, then how is the sound lost?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the directv is working on the tvs upstairs when I turn on the playstation3 the sound comes on when I turn on the the tv downstairs on no sound comes on.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Does each TV have it's own Direct TV converter box?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Then please follow my instructions and reboot the Direct TV box connected to THIS TV.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you it worked!!!
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Great glad to hear it worked!