Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

Sharp Aquos error code. Power on the power light and OPC light

Sharp Aquos error code. Power on the power light and OPC light blink together once and then the power light blinks once.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 5 years ago.

Steven :

Hi my name isXXXXX will be right with you. I may have a few questions to be able to provide you with a more accurate answer to your question.

Steven :

Try this to see if you can force on the power supply, unplug it from the wall outlet then

Hold [CH_DOWN] and [VOL_UP] on TV, plug in the AC power cord while holding both buttons in. see if it comes on and inspect the screen for dark areas if it does.

Customer:

Held the CH-Down and the Vol_Up buttons and plugged the TV into the wall outlet. The power light came on (no blinking Power or OPC Light). The screen remaind black.

Steven :

you have a bad LCD panel (screen) or inverter board.

Steven :

How old is the unit ?

Customer:

I bought this used three years ago.

Steven :

ok, so warranty is out, the cost to replace the inverter board could range from 200 to 300 hundred. if the LCD panel is bad the cost would exceed the value of the Tv.

Steven :

The one thing you try if you are comfrtable working on the Tv is removing the rear cover and tighting all the inverter board screws that hold the board to the panel if these are loose they can cause this to happen they ground the inverter board to the chassis.

Customer:

Much thanks. I may try and replace the inverter board. I work as a computer tech at a hospital. I am responsable for maintaining and repairing computer and bio-medical equipmet.