Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

i have a mitsubishi 60" dlp tv.the status light is and keeps

i have a mitsubishi 60" dlp tv.the status light is and keeps blinking but no picture comes on.what can i do to repair it or reset it for football sunday ????? the tv is about a year old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.

Steven :

This a light engine type Tv with a lamp, they usually last about a year and need to be replace, have you ever changed the lamp in this TV ? this is the first thing you should check. remove and inspect it to see if there are galss particals floting about in side of the lamp. keep mind though some times they look good and are still bad.

Customer:

this happened one other time a few months ago and eventually came back on until today.are there any other possibilities??

Steven :

That makes it more likely it is a lamp issue, they act this way when they begin to get week, however with that being said there are always other possibilities, you can tell a lot by listening when you press the power button, first the color wheel has spin up to speed, sounds like a slight high pitch noise, then the ballast has to fire the lamp, a 3 second buzzing sound, then the lamp lights, all these things have to happen in that order.

Customer:

there are no noises and were none when the screen went blank

Customer:

have not tried to unplug it however

Steven :

when you press the power is does not attempt to start at all ?

Customer:

no sir,the power button on the tv doesn't change anything.the status light just keeps blinking

Steven :

unplug it for a minute or so then plug it back and see if it will attempt to turn on.

Customer:

ok

Steven :

anything ?

Customer:

i heard the noises you were talking about,turned tv on,heard the click,directv dvr reset,status light is now solid on but no picture still

Steven :

You heard the color wheel spin and then the slight 3 second buzzing sound ?

Customer:

yes

Steven :

the your lamp is bad

Customer:

can i change it or does it have to be a repairman?

Steven :

you can change it, it is a cudstomer replaceable item takes only a few minutes. instructions should be in your owners manual.

Steven :

(customer)

Customer:

ok steve,,thanks for your help!!

Steven :

you're welcome

Steven, Technician
Experience: Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.