TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

My mitsubishi 82" projection TV (2 years old) made a loud pop

My mitsubishi 82" projection TV (2 years old) made a loud pop and went off, I turned it basc on and now all I have is sound , no video?

That loud POP you heard was your Lamp exploding. Pull it out and inspect it. You'll either find shattered glass in the lamp or a big hole in the BALL of the Lamp. Once you verify that, get back with me.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I Have removed front screen and the cover for the lamp, can't see how to remove it completly, but it looks grear no holes ,shards of glass inside, looks bright and clear?

Front Screen? You don't remove the front screen to remove the remove the lamp cover on the rear, and unscrew the screws in the lamp itself and the whole thing comes out with the screws intact.

The lamp is an assembly, you simply look thru the front of it to see if there are glass shards inside it.

If it's busted, you go here to order an ORIGINAL LAMP -- Never ever replace it with any other company's Generic Lamp !

Click the shopping basket, put your WHOLE model number in....Including the Dash

WD-82737 and then look in the list for your Lamp, and order it.

Never ever install a Generic Lamp into a Mitsubishi, no matter how good the price looks to you.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.