TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

hey tech ive got a samsung model ln46a630m1f silly thing cycles

hey tech ive got a samsung model ln46a630m1f silly thing cycles on off from cold start relay clicks off on untill it finally come s on i replace four caps that were vented in power supply still was doing the samething so i replaceed the board with a newone still cycles off and on two are three times before it comes on and stays after its been on for while it starts right up if you trun it off and then back on on could this be the main board causeing this need some help on this one thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Yeah, I've had some Main boards that failed from the caps going bad. Time can be an enemy, so if you start having problems/symptoms, it's best not to wait for the problem to stress out other parts.

My rule -- Let it get to the point it fails daily...then bring it in for service.

That's fixable. Once every month...that's something we'd have in shop for 2 months to verify the problem first.

Look at your Main board and get the Part number off of that bar coded sticker. Google it.

That will get your clicking relay problem resolved.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks tech ive been trying to find a main board for this set but there out stock at shop jimmy encompass and some others on line one i did find on ebay they want 120.00 for it do you khow if any of the main other boards will work on this set some ive seen some on shopjimmy that look like the same board but let me know andi will accept your answer thanks