Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

my just purchased polaroid 22"TV & DVD combo TDAC-02212 will

my just purchased polaroid 22"TV & DVD combo TDAC-02212 will not turn standby light stays on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Polaroid is a brand of marginal quality and has absolutely no connection to the famous film and camera company of the same name. The former company sold that name to an asian electronic company that makes cheap TVs.

Your TV is most likely bad. If the TV is out of the box and already causing problems, I would return it and maybe spend a few more dollars and get a more reliable set made by LG, Samsung, Panasonic or Sony.

You could try unplugging the set for a few mins and plugging it back in but I think the set is faulty. If that is the case, there is no quick fix. Return it.

Sorry :(

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.

If you don't, please click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer' and please leave positive feedback. If you do not plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click accept but instead, tell me how I can improve on my answer. Bonuses are a bonus!

Thanks very much.