Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

my rca tv has sound but no picture what can i do

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Just a couple questions so I can get a better idea about what's going on here.

1. How long have you owned it?
2. Have you ever replaced any parts?
3. Any strange noises coming from it?

Respectfully,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1. I have had the TV 4 YR

2.No parts replaced

3.Yes A POP sound

Please read this whole post. If you have more questions after that, just ask. Once you're satisfied, please click the green "Accept" button (that's how I get paid). If you feel I may have saved you a headache or professional labor charges, please also consider leaving a tip and positive feedback. Thanks!

Ok, that's what I thought you'd say. I just needed to make sure first.

You just need a new lamp here, which is actually good news. I say "good" because this is totally normal (most folks get about 2 years per lamp with normal use). The lamp is a consumable part, much like the light bulbs in your home... and just like a light bulb, the lamp is user-replaceable.

I recommend you go to dlplampsource.com or encompassparts.com and enter the TV's model number. The lamp should run you about $180 to have it shipped pre-installed in the housing. You'll be able to save $30-$50 by ordering the bulb by itself (no housing), but take my advice and spend the extra money; it'll make install much easier.

If you decide to buy the bare lamp, let me know and I can send you replacement instructions.

Please don't go to eBay or similar, and if the website has "cheap" in the title, it's bad news. Don't try to save money on this, trust me. Much less than the $180 I quoted you, and you're buying a counterfeit or factory reject, guaranteed. OK?

Your user's guide should have replacement instructions. Let me know if you get stuck.

Respectfully,
Dan T.