Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

I have a LG TV, a Sony DVD player and ATT u-verse. I am trying

Customer Question

I have a LG TV, a Sony DVD player and ATT u-verse. I am trying to watch a Blue Ray DVD, but can not see the video of the DVD. Instead I see the Cable TV channel, but I can the audio is the DVD.
What can I do to get this corrected?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Can you please get me the model number off the back of the TV?

Also, the model number of the DVD player?

How are the two devices connected (with what type of cable)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
TV - LG 47LW5300
DVD - Sony BVD E280
Not sure of the cable.
The DVD used to work up until about a month ago - not sure if something I did or some kid did to mess it up.
Thanks for your help.

Steve
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Someone swapped a cable around on you.

Is the unit connected using Red,White and Yellow RCA type cables?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes.
But I don't think anyone changed the cable around. But you can tell me what to do and I'll try it.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me what the Input used to say on the TV when you watched the DVD previously?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no, sorry I don't remember.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Okay, what you want to do is go around to the back of your TV, and follow the RWY cords from the DVD. Make sure they are plugged into the jacks labeled either Video 1, or AV 1.

The jacks will all be in a row grouped together.

Then use the Input/Device/Source button on your remote to get to the proper input that your DVD is on and you should have both picture and sound.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In the dvd player, there are six wires that are connected to the back. Red, white, purple. Then next to that green, gray, and finally blue. The TV has yellow, white and red and is connected to the AT&T Uverse Motorola VP1200 box. Which I think, then the VP1200 box is then connected to the DVD player, but it is hard to tell.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

This is going to be very hard to do on the computer. i will have to opt out and perhaps another expert can assist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if you want to call me my phone # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
The only way we can deal with this is ifI can get a pix of the back of your tv and the back of teh dvd player with close up on the all the connections
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok what is your phone or email and I will send the the pics
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I go to the LG remote (I have three remotes - LG, Sony, and AT&T) - so when I go to the LG remote and push input there are only two squares that show up in bold TV and AV1. TV shows snow, and AV1 shows the cable channels. There are other boxes such as USB, AV@, Component 1 and 2, RGB-PC, HDMI1 (which then has Blue Ray DVD on the bottom of the box but when I push that box the screen goes black and says no signal.
There is a paperclip icon in which to attach pictures
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That doesn't answer my problem.
without the picture i wil not attempt to answer question