Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

I have a sony bravia tv that needs a screen adjustment to allow

Customer Question

I have a sony bravia tv that needs a screen adjustment to allow sports scores and scrolls on news programs to be seen. Screen size is presently set at "plus 1" and things are still truncated. How to correct this situation? Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Has it always been this way or is the TV new to you?

Are you using a cable box? Make and model please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Set is a few months old. We are on dish sat. System
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Right. Have you always had this problem or did it 'just happen'?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has always been this way. just now fiddling with it to see if i could correct the situation. the set is a secondary one(bedroom) and, since football season is here, I will be spending more time watching this set. If you are married, you know what I mean!
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

I'm married and I love football :)

Ok. I'll give you a brief overview.

The satellite box and the TV both have screen size controls that govern the appearance of the image on the screen. Ideally, you want to set it correctly at the satellite box and then adjust it as required at the TV.

Now...if you can tell me the model of the box, I may be able to help you further.

For now though, grab the Sony remote and play with the screen size settings. If none of them are quite right, the sat box needs adjustment.

Steve G., Technician
Experience: VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have gone throught the remote settings already and "plus 1" only allows one-half of the bottom screen crawl to be seen. Receiver model is VIP612DVR.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Ok, on the dish remote should be a 'Format' button. Press that a few times. Between that and the Sony remote, you should be able to get the picture right.

If not, then we need to check the setup on the box.

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.