TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

My TV says No Signal - what do I do

Customer Question

My TV says No Signal - what do I do
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Look at your TV's remote -- there is a button that will switch your TV's inputs. They lable it TV/VIDEO or INPUT or SOURCE or AV or DEVICE.

Usually when you see NO SIGNAL, it's because the button got pressed accidently.

With your box (cable - DVD - game) turned on, you have to press that button and maybe press it over and over to cycle through all your INPUTS to get back to the correct input you had your picture on.

Now, if you can't figure that out, I will need the brand and model on your TV set. The model is on a sticker on the back of the TV set.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the above didn't work. I have a Sony Trinitron

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Ok, the input button on the Sony TV is TV/Video, usually found on the Top Left of the Sony remote control.

Did you find that and press it? It sometimes takes 7 or 8 pushes to fully cycle through all the different inputs and get back to the original one you were on.

And you have to have your equipment connected to it turned on to provide a picture.

Now...if you SAW NOTHING....turn EVERYTHING ON.

Still no picture? ACTIVATE your TV's menu button. Do you see the menu appear?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the menu appeared

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Problem still not fixed and tech not answering
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What additional information is needed?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

How about the BRAND and the MODEL number of your TV set...

Sorry, but you're not the only customer I'm working with, I've got about 5 others I'm rotating.

Only a few more questions...When you pressed your TV/Video button, did you see the numbers on the screen change from Video 1 to Video 7 and back to Video 1?

I want to make sure your micro is cycling the inputs.

And do you recall what the TV displayed on the screen when you powered it on??

Vid 3? Ant 1? Vid 7?

Now, if you want Fast Answers, go ahead and Re-List. I've been working 13 hours, and it's TV time for me.

I'll be back in a couple hours to check up before bedtime.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I gave the brand and model. Sony Trin itron - if the model number is on the back of the set I can't get to it. The set is in an entertainment unit. I did see the nunmbers on the screen change from Video 1 to video 2 through video 7. Sorry to have bothered you - I'll be asleep in a couple of hours. So, no, I am not satisfied
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, but a KV32FS700 is more what I had in mind for a model number. Sony Trinitron is more like saying you have a Chevy truck. Doesn't help. So I guess that TV will still set there with a missing picture, OSD and no idea how to fix it or replace a part that it needs.

I'll bet you can't even unplug it if you wanted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I am trying very hard to find out why my TV says No Signal and don't appreciate the snarky responses I got yesterday telling me I probably couldn't unplug my TV. What kind of customer service is this?