Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Olevia TV Does Not Turn On.

Olevia TV will not turn on. Its a 42" LCD the blue led light that is on when the TV is off will only blink after unplugging for about ten minutes then I get no reaction.

What is the problem and is there a way to reset it?

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

How long have you had the set for and when did this problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage?

Also, is the light on the TV blinking continuously, or in a pattern (such as 4 blinks, pause, 4 blinks, pause, etc.)?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've had the set for a little over 4 years. No, the problem did not occur after a storm or power outage.

We had AT&T Uverse installed and shortly after that (about a week), we began having problems with the TV not turning on.

No, the light on the TV is not blinking continuously. It doesn't even turn on except for that split second when you restore power.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

It is most probably that there is a failure on the power supply board inside the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. They can sometimes be visually verified by removing the rear of the set and inspecting them for bulges or leaking fluid at the top or the base of the caps. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets.

The capacitors are located on the power board inside the set, where the AC cord plugs into and can be replaced by a Tech for no more than $150 parts and labor if this is the case. The power board itself will run you roughly between $300-$400 to have replaced.

Unfortunately there is no sequence of buttons or reset you can perform to get the set working again.

Do you have any experience testing live voltages, or soldering on electronic equipment?

If not, then I would suggest using the link below to locate a technician in your area:

If you need further assistance, let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I only paid 600 for the TV. Im not going to spend that on replacing it since the ATT tech who installed our cable plugged my TV into the wall and not the surge protector. That could have had an impact on this situation.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Chances are the tech plugging it directly into the wall did not cause the problem, as I've seen this problem common to your set even when using expensive surge protectors on the AC line. It is just that they use sub-bar components on the power supply board.