Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

3D panasonic viera not picking up wd external hard drive with

Customer Question

3D panasonic viera not picking up wd external hard drive with USB 2.0. Message comes up the USB is detected, but doesnt appear on USB/SD screen. However the Hard drive works on other TVs and laptops. Also tried a different hard drive with the standard USB connection which worked fine.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Also tried a different hard drive with the standard USB connection which worked fine.

Please clarify...did that drive work FINE on your TV set and the other one did not?

I know the Hard drive works fine on the OTHER TVs, but your Panasonic 3D (which you never gave us the Model number of ) -- One drive does Not Work....and another one Does Work?

The one that works....is it OLDER than the drive that won't function?

I think I have an idea ....but I need that information.

What do you want, to find my answer acceptable?