Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

cant connect XBOX to Westinghouse LD-3240

Customer Question

new LED 32 inch, went to connect BlueRay and XBOX through HDMI 1 and 2 and the TV will not read them. Is there something else that is required? i do not plan to use the TV connected with Cable - only stand alone with XBOX and BlueRay player
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, I would like to assist you with your question today. Please remember to click ACCEPT after you are satisfied so I get credit for my time.

p0llinate :

It is possible there is something wrong with the hdmi board in the tv preventing the connection.

As a workaround, you can consider using component video (there is a dongle for the xbox for this, it should have came with it.)

Component video is a set of three cables, red/green/blue, with rca connections. Since it is video only, you'll need another cable for the audio. Your xbox dongle will have built in stereo audio cables (red/white connectors) as well as a port for an optical digital audio cable. You'll get the best sound quality from the optical cable, and should use that if you can for the dvd player as well.

p0llinate :

Should you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,