Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Our Samsung flat screen tv suddenly has no sound...just a clicking

Our Samsung flat screen tv suddenly has no sound...just a clicking sound coming out of the speakers...
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.
What else is connected to the TV (dvd, vcr, etc.), and do you have no sound regardless of which of them you're trying to watch on the set?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

let me check...a dvd is connected

Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes there is sound with the dvd player
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

First, make sure the Volume is turned up on BOTH the Cable Box AND the TV. Each has its own independent volume control and if one or the other is turned down, then you will have no sound.

Beyond this, please reset the system by following the steps below:

Please shut the TV and cable box down. Unplug the Cable box from AC power for minutes. During this time, disconnect and reconnect the cable(s) on both ends, making sure it is secure. Then plug the cable box back in, turn on and let it reboot. Once it's rebooted, then turn on the TV and attempt to watch a program.

The sound should be back on at this point.

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!