Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Sharp Aquos LC-60LE831U with Quattron wont turn on. Had

My Sharp Aquos LC-60LE831U with Quattron won't turn on. Had it only a few weeks. The other day it just turned off. I was able to get it back on for a few minutes a couple of times, but now it just doesn't turn on at all. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Are there any blinking lights on the front of the set?

Did this problem occur after a storm or power outage in your area?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No lights at all and no response to remote. Not related to a storm.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

So, there are no signs of life on the TV at all (no lights, no click when power is pressed, buzz or hum when plugged in)?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's correct. Dead as a doornail.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

This indicates that the power board is not powering up at all. The quick fix is that it could be simply that the fuse is blown. To access the fuse, you will need to remove the screws on the rear of the TV and remove the entire rear panel. The fuse will be located on the board where the power cord connects. Replace with one of the same type and rating from your local Hardware store.

If the set still does not power on, I would say that there is a cold solder-joint, or a failed component (likely the capacitors) on the power supply board. The capacitors failing is the MOST common problem with these sets, especially after a storm or power outage. The caps themselves can be replaced for around $150 parts and labor.

If another board had an issue, then the TV's power light would be on or flashing.

Do you have any prior experience testing voltages on live circuits, or soldering?

If not then, locating the solder joint, or failed circuit could take several hours of a Technician's time, and would require someone that knows electronics on a circuit board level.

There is no button to push to make the set work again. It would definitely require component repair/replacement.

An estimated cost to replace the entire power board (worst case scenario), would be approximately $300 parts and labor.

You can locate a Tech at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!