Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

My JVC LT-32DM20 has power, but when I turn it on (remote or

My JVC LT-32DM20 has power, but when I turn it on (remote or button on the side) the green light comes on for 2 seconds and then it goes off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Does the tv make any noise or the screen light up at all?
-How old is the unit?
-Any problems with picture or sound in the past?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No noise. The screen does con on with the words "digital signal"
2 years old
No problems before.

It is connected to a Comcast cable box and they could not trouble shoot over the phone.

I unplugged the cable and tried to turned the TV on and it still turns right off.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Once the words digital signal go off, if you look close at the screen in a dark room, do you see a slight glow to the screen?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. Just goes off. Light on/off light goes back to red almost immediately.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set.

Also you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $600 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What was the cost if I accept? $38?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
I am not positive because I cannot see any billing information, but on the surface it does appear so.