Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have a Sharp Aquos tv... Getting no picture and no sound

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos tv... Getting no picture and no sound ... less than 6mos old. HELP!
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model # LC-60LE831U
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
What is the light on the front of the tv doing?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Light is on and steady.. no flickering .

None of the components come on. PS3, Wii, Satellite...

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
If you look at the screen close in a dark room, do you see a slight glow?

If you press the MENU button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There is a slight glow... all menut/input items show up on tv.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
When you cycle through the inputs, you get blank screens on all? Any no signal messages?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No messages of any sort. it shows that the inputs are available for the components that are plugged in, but no picture
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Are all your devices, (ps3, wii, satellite) hooked up to the tv individually or do they all go to a receiver and then from the receiver to the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All hooked up individually.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Ok then you have a bad main board in the tv here. Since your set is under warranty still you will need to contact Sharp at this point to get the set repaired. I am sorry, but there are not easy answers or quick fixes for this one.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan