Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

hi ihave a sony 52 tv 2004 model no kp51ws510 serial no(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer Question

hi ihave a sony 52'' tv 2004 model no kp51ws510 serial no(NNN) NNN-NNNNra 6a,and i noticed when i turn on the tv there are double images.can you assist me to fix the problem thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

-I am sorry for the delay, do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tim, I already asked my question about getting a fix for my tv.which i never got.i dont' know what more information to give you.Okay my question was i have a 52'' sony flat screen tv manufactured february 2004 model no.kp51ws510 serial no.8792806 ra 6a and i recently discovered picture images is showing double i need a fix for that ok.can you tell me what would be the cost and the problem? thank you very much.Naidu.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
First let me say sorry I don't have a quick fix for this problem.

The problem you are describing is a very common one in CRT projection sets like yours. The convergence circuit has failed and will require component replacement in order to get the set working again. This repair should be done by a qualified technician, these sets can be dangerous to someone who does not know where not to touch, also it is very easy to cause more bad than good if you don't know what you are doing. Also the use of a digital multi meter and the ability to solder very well will be required. I cannot stress enough, you must be able to solder very well or can cause many problems.

If you have a meter and solder equipment and would like to complete this repair yourself please let me know and I will give you instructions on how to complete this repair. Parts can cost you anywhere from $50-$150 depending on where you buy them at. But remember I have seen quite a few people destroy perfectly good sets by not knowing what they are doing so just take that as a caution.

A good repair shop will run you somewhere between $300-$500 to repair this for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you recomend arepair shop,or where do i get the parts from to buy.thank you.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
I woudl recommend www.tvrepairpros.com, that would be your best bet.

Tim