Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

my toshiba tv wont turn on why its toshiba hd cinema series

my toshiba tv wont turn on why? its toshiba hd cinema series 2005 model37hlx95
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.
How long have you had the set for and has any work ever been done on it?

Did this problem occur after a storm or power outage in your area?

Additionally, are there any blinking lights, steady lights, buzz, or signs of life at all on the set?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just got the tv used ive had it for a week it was donated to the salvation army and i bought it... I was watching a dvd on it and i paused it when i tried to press play the tv shut off and there was just a red standby light on... shortly after it turned off and theres no light and the set isnt responding to anything?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. So at this point there are no signs of life at all on the set?

Also, have you tried plugging it into another electrical outlet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are no signs of life at all. I did try and use another oulet with no luck. When i unplug and plug it back in i can hear a clicking noise inside the tv.. But no standby light..
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

This indicates that the power board is not powering up at all. The quick fix is that it could be simply that the fuse is blown. To access the fuse, you will need to remove the screws on the rear of the TV and remove the entire rear panel. The fuse will be located on the board where the power cord connects. Replace with one of the same type and rating from your local Hardware store.

If the set still does not power on, I would say that there is a cold solder-joint, or a failed component (likely the capacitors) on the power supply board. The capacitors failing is the MOST common problem with these sets, especially after a storm or power outage. The caps themselves can be replaced for around $150 parts and labor.

If another board had an issue, then the TV's power light would be on or flashing.

Do you have any prior experience testing voltages on live circuits, or soldering?

If not then, locating the solder joint, or failed circuit could take several hours of a Technician's time, and would require someone that knows electronics on a circuit board level.

There is no button to push to make the set work again. It would definitely require component repair/replacement.

An estimated cost to replace the entire power board (worst case scenario), would be approximately $300 parts and labor.

You can locate a Tech at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!