PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

my lg tv will not turn on. by the power button on the tv is

my lg tv will not turn on. by the power button on the tv is a red light and every time i hit the button it flashes once but does nothing. I've tried everything to get the tv to turn on but it seems nothing will work.
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Welcome to Justanswer.

My name is Pramit.

Can you tell me how old the TV is and since when are you having this problem?

What is the exact model no.?

Do you hear any clicking noise?

Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i just bought the tv a day ago. when i click the power button nothing happens there is no clicking noise. on the back of the tv it says the model number is XXXXX not sure if that is the correct number.
Expert:  PramitP replied 2 years ago.
Can you try plugging the set to a different wall outlet(Remove surge protector if you are using any)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried a different outlet, but it didnt do anything. the tv is getting power fine. when i plug it in theres a red light in the buttom right corner next to the power button that comes on.
Expert:  PramitP replied 2 years ago.
Okay, press and hold the power button of the set for 15 secs. Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does not help. the red light blinks once and then nothing.
Expert:  PramitP replied 2 years ago.
That's basic troubleshooting. Normally I'd have gone for component or board level diagnosis, asking you to replace the power board but your set is fairly new. It is under warranty. So I suggest do not attempt a repair and directly claim warranty. The best part is you wont have to spend a penny in fixing it. You can contact LG at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor submit a claim by clicking here. Hope it helps. If you have any queries I will be glad to answer.

Best regards,
Pramit

Please click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if you are SATISFIED with my help, so that I'll be credited for assisting you. Before leaving a negative feedback, give me one more chance to help you further.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are greatly appreciated!!
PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University