Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

LN52A530P1F Samsung TV screen problem diagnosis. Suddenly

LN52A530P1F Samsung TV screen problem diagnosis. Suddenly a blueish vertical bar on the left side of the screen is bleeding into the TV image. The bar is not uniform or static and keeps shifting like a lava lamp.

Can you tell me what is causing this problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model LN52A530P1F

The unit is about 3 years old.

The problems does appear with different devices hooked to the TV.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
I am very afraid I have no good news for you.

What you have is a LCD panel that has failed, this is a very common problem with these new LCD televisions and there is no way to fix it. The part price is always more than a new television. However on your model the LCD panel has been discontinued and can no longer be purchased. Unfortunately there are a lot of good folks in your position, they have bought these nice sets, and after 18 months to 4 years the tv is going into the garbage unless they bought an extended warranty on it.

The only bit of advice I can give you if you don't have a warranty is to call Samsung and complain to them, a lot of manufactures are working with their customers because these sets are failing so prematurely. A lot of times the manufacture will help you out in one way or another.

I am sorry I have no good news for you, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan