Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

Sony TV model KDS-50A2000. Color is bad, either too yellow

Sony TV model KDS-50A2000. Color is bad, either too yellow or too green, depending on your perspective. Have been unable to adjust to normal coloration. Please advise. Thank you
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Set was manufactured in 2006. Problem first noticed about 2-3 weeks ago. Currently, I have not connected any devices other than cable which is provided by Verizon. TV is now in storage in the garage and is not hooked up.
I am afraid I have no good news for you…

The problem you are describing is very common in your model, what has happened is the optical engine has failed and needs to be replaced. This is bad news because to have one replaced will run over $1000 in most cases. Sony had a major problem with these over time and actually had a extended warranty on them where Sony was replacing them free of charge. However these warranties have now expired and they are no longer repairing these problems at their cost.

The only good advice I can give you is to call sony customer service at 1-239-768-7547 and complain to them, allot of the times they will still repair this set for you at no cost or offer you a new set at a "discounted" price.

Again I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, but the optical block will need to be replaced. Calling Sony and complaining is your best course of action at this point.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan