Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

My Sharp Aquos set turned off by itself and will not turn back

My Sharp Aquos set turned off by itself and will not turn back on. The "A" on the front of the unit is flashing long then short. What does this mean?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Which light on the tv is flashing?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Sharp Aquos identity at the bottom middle of the set. It was purchased last december.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
One short and one long blink on this model indicates a problem with the LCD panel which is not good. The panel in your set is about $2000 just for the past. The only good news is that if you have purchased the set last December you should still be under warranty for 2 months then. You will need to contact Sharp right away to get set up for warranty service and get the set repaired.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan