Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

I have a 50 LG Plasma( Model #50PQ10-UB ) Less than 2 years

Customer Question

I have a 50" LG Plasma( Model:#50PQ10-UB ) Less than 2 years old and the picture started changing from colour to black and white then the colours turned to a sort of milky pastel with a bit of blooming .I was a tech years ago but know nothing about the new sets. is there a module that can be changed and can I purchase it through this website?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-If you press the MENU button on the tv itself, does the menu show normal color or is it affected by this too?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When the menu Button on the TV is pressed it does not show normal colour.The problem remains the same.

The problem is present no matter what device is attatched or without any devices attached.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There would be some testing needed to determine what board has failed. Do you know how to use a meter?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes,I do know how to use a meter. One of my old partners is still in business with everything i might find usefull. Problem is it's a few miles away ,I don't drive anymore and these sets are no dainty items to haul around. If you could just give me an idea of what i'm looking for I'm sure I'll find it.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There are two voltages you need to check. Coming out of the power supply there are two voltages, the VS and VA line, we need to check those voltages and see what they are. These are DC voltages and you can use any metal on the back of the panel as ground.