Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

My Flat screen tv will not turn on. When I turn it on, the

My Flat screen tv will not turn on. When I turn it on, the blue power light comes on (like normal) but the tv does not come on. After about 45 seconds, the blue power light starts to flash but the tv does not come on. The blue power light is now flashing on and off and never did before. I have unpluged, reset, and have tried many different things but it still does not come on.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Is the light flashing a code? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No just is a continual flashing . The unit is 6 years old. 52"
There is a very good chance that we have a bad lamp here. Which is about the best case for you.

Do you still have your owners manual? If so there are instructions on how to remove the lamp. I think the first thing we should do here is take it out and inspect it. We might find that it is shattered and know without a doubt that it needs to be replaced.

If you do not have you owners manual let me know and I will get you instructions on how to change the lamp.

Also if you don't know about the lamps in these sets here is some information: These lamps are a "consumer replaceable item" meaning they are made for you to change. This is similar to changing a light bulb in a lamp but allot more expensive and a little more difficult. These lamps last on average anywhere from 1 to 3 years before they need to be changed. They also burn out based upon the number of hours the tv is on and the number of times the tv is turned on in its life. The more you watch the tv the faster the lamp will burn out, and the more you turn the tv on and off the faster it will burn out. There is really no way to prolong the life of a lamp other than not watch the tv, so most people don't worry about it to much and just expect for this to happen ever couple of years.

If you have the owner’s manual, follow the instructions and remove the lamp, tell me what you see. If you don't have it let me know and I will get you the instructions to remove it.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please send me how to remove the bulb. thanks,
Ok look on the left hand side of the tv, do you see a small door with a screw on it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok...I got the bulb out and looks fine except it looks like there is dust flakes in it
Look close down the center of it, do you see the glass ball at the bottom? Is there any white spots or bumps on that ball?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
looks like small spider cracks on one side...with a grey build up on one side of the bulb
Ok then chances are that lamp is shot. I would definitely replace it at this point. I do recommend to order a replacement.