Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 6 year old 42 RCA LCD flat screen TV. One day it

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old 42" RCA LCD flat screen TV. One day it began having an issue with the on/off button. It would keep turning on and turning off multiple times on it's own until eventually staying on. Now it won't turn on at all so it seems something finally gave out completely. Any ideas what this problem would be and how much it would cost to fix?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

You'll need to get the TV's model number, and check to see if it was built by Thompson or TTE or the ON Corp --

http://www.rca.com/tvsupport/tv_support.php

I think yours is one of the TTE TV sets if the date is correct --

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

nevermind. I pulled up tutorials on u-tube and researched LCD TV problems. Found that I'm definitely not alone. Instead of paying $200-$300 for some TV repair palce to fix it, I'm going to follow the steps to replace bad capacitors. After reading so many posts with the same problem as mine, I know this is what needs to be done and I won't pay $28 for someone on line to tell me the same. No offense.

And from the RCA consumer complaints I've read online, I sure won't send my TV to a RCA approved repair place and give them more of my money for nothing.

Thanks anyway.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.
Go ahead....wish you luck.