Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

Where can I find a replacement screen for Philips 60PL9200

Where can I find a replacement screen for Philips 60PL9200D/37
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

The fresnel lens is available for $174 here:

This is the lens with the circular grooves. There is another lens/screen known as the lenticular lens. This is the one with the horizontal grooves. It is $434 and is here: although they appear to be out of stock.

Do you need both or just one out of the two?

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.

Thanks very much.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure which one I need. I just need the thin flat "display" part of the television that attaches to the housing. There is a big crack in the middle.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't see any grooves in the screen
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

The screen is made up of either two or three separate screens sandwiched together.

Look closely and you should be able to see how many you have broken. I assume that the outer one is broken. That is usually the smooth glare screen or the horizontally ribbed lenticular.

Can you figure it out?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The crack is all the way through. The previous owner threw an Xbox at it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok there are two screens sandwiched together, neither of which have any distinguishable grooves in them. Would I be able to feel/see them? the black edge is peeled away and I can see the edge of the two screens.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.
The grooves may be on the inside. Usually the fresnel is on the inside - that's the one with the grooves in a concentric circle. The outer one is usually the lenticular screen. Then if you have a third one, on the outside, it is a smooth glare screen.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Now that I've found the part how do I take it out? The top and the sides come away from the case easily but the bottom won't come off. I'm afraid to break it and I do not see any screws there.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Haha the "remove the front cover" part is all I need now.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

I gave you that. You should have received two diagrams.

Thanks very much.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are two images. The first is a blank screen the second shows the screws to remove the screen. I found the grooves they are on the internal screen and that part is not damaged. only the plastic type screen on the outside of the television is damaged.