How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steve G. Your Own Question
Steve G.
Steve G., Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 17731
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
Type Your TV Question Here...
Steve G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I find a replacement screen for Philips 60PL9200

Resolved Question:

Where can I find a replacement screen for Philips 60PL9200D/37
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.


The fresnel lens is available for $174 here:


This is the lens with the circular grooves. There is another lens/screen known as the lenticular lens. This is the one with the horizontal grooves. It is $434 and is here: although they appear to be out of stock.


Do you need both or just one out of the two?


Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.



Thanks very much.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure which one I need. I just need the thin flat "display" part of the television that attaches to the housing. There is a big crack in the middle.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't see any grooves in the screen
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

The screen is made up of either two or three separate screens sandwiched together.


Look closely and you should be able to see how many you have broken. I assume that the outer one is broken. That is usually the smooth glare screen or the horizontally ribbed lenticular.


Can you figure it out?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The crack is all the way through. The previous owner threw an Xbox at it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok there are two screens sandwiched together, neither of which have any distinguishable grooves in them. Would I be able to feel/see them? the black edge is peeled away and I can see the edge of the two screens.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.
The grooves may be on the inside. Usually the fresnel is on the inside - that's the one with the grooves in a concentric circle. The outer one is usually the lenticular screen. Then if you have a third one, on the outside, it is a smooth glare screen.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Now that I've found the part how do I take it out? The top and the sides come away from the case easily but the bottom won't come off. I'm afraid to break it and I do not see any screws there.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.





Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Haha the "remove the front cover" part is all I need now.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

I gave you that. You should have received two diagrams.


Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.



Thanks very much.

Steve G. and 2 other TV Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are two images. The first is a blank screen the second shows the screws to remove the screen. I found the grooves they are on the internal screen and that part is not damaged. only the plastic type screen on the outside of the television is damaged.

Related TV Questions