Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My TV says that No video signal how do I get that off the

Customer Question

My TV says that "No video signal" how do I get that off the screen and get the regular TV back on? Thank you Rosanne
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We just purchased this TV yesterday. It is the first time it has happened. Thanks
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
What do you have hooked to it? (Cable, satellite or antenna?)

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cable - it worked great earlier this morning I just do not not what I hit on the remote control to make it do this now. Cam you tell me what button I need to hit to make this go away and get the regular screen back to the regular channels? That is all I need to know. Roansse
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
I am working on that, but not being there I need some more info in order to tell you what button to press.

I need to know now how your cable box is hooked to the set?
The choices are:
Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Looks like there may be three - look I make a mean pork chop but I know nothing about TV's lease help?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Ok on the Toshiba remote, do you see a button that says SOURCE or TV/VIDEO?

TIM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No - what next- I have info-ch rtn -recall- pc mode-does what next- Thanks
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
what buttons do you have on the tv itself?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Guess What! While I was waiting for you to get back to me I called the cable company and they were able to handle my problem. For your record the only thing I had to do was to put the PC mode button on 4. Thank you for your time; however, since you did not solve my problem I am cancelling this - I will call American Express to cancel $47.00 of the charge. Any questions let me know. Thanks. Rosanne