Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

my 50 inch flat screen made a pop sound and just went blank!

Customer Question

my 50 inch flat screen made a pop sound and just went blank! No sound ! No picture!
please tell me what you think is the problem and how much will it cost to fix
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this tv is 5 years old and the model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
The model numebr you gave if for a tv stand...can you check again?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
50pfp5332/d37
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There are a couple of different things that could cause this problem, the first is the power supply, and the second the main board. Also either sustain or scan driver board can cause this problem. To know exactly what board is the cause, you need to have electronic repair experience, and test equipment. If you have this let me know and I will assist you in the troubleshooting of this tv. Otherwise you will need a repairman at this point. You can expect a bill of anywhere between $400-$700, this is a good average, however it could be more or less.

I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, please let me know if you have the skills and tools and I will be happy to assist you. Also please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
excuse me!! ihave not recieved an answer yet . please let me know what the problem is
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
please tell me how could have caused this. also about a year ago the cable cord was snatched from the back of the tv and the socket came out from the back where you attach the cable cord. a repair person came and attached some wires together in order for the tv to work for the time being. could this have shorted somthing in the tv?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Really its just the way they make these sets these days. It is very common for a set to fail within the first 3 years these days so 5 years is pretty good.

The external hookup they did could not cause this. It really just boils down to electronic components that fail and brake.

Tim
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
I do not personally know anyone in that area but if you go to www.tvrepairpros.com you should be able to find a shop in your area.

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!!!! I WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO EVERYONE AT MY CHURCH,.IM GONNA POST YOUR WEBSITE ON THE BULLITIN BOARD. THANKYOU VERY MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU,
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much! Glad I could assist you tonight! Let us know if you ever need anything further.

Tim