TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

We have a Vizio LCD model VW32L 40A. Had about 2.5 years just

We have a Vizio LCD model VW32L 40A. Had about 2.5 years just recently we have been getting a purple coloration that is intermittent showing up about 45min to 1 hour after turning on. It appears on DVD (HDMI) Cable TV (coax) HDDVR (HDMI). I have photos of this as I had to submit to VIZIO. The unit is out of warranty but Vizio level 3 said that based on the photo it looks like a "color Contour issue". I have this Jpg on my computer and can send to you if needed. When this happens the sound in not effected and on occasion the screen will flicker to black then return with the colored image then eventually resetting to normal video for the rest of the evening. If this is an issue that can be handled by replacing a circuit board could you tell me what board and I can replace. I don't have any testing eq so this may be a problem. The still image I have is from a Black and White DVR recorded movie. Thanx, Bill Roth
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

I'd love to see that picture you have. If it's a JPG you can post it in your response box seen in this picture --

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jpg sent 2 people dancing. This is from an old B&W Movie

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Yeah, that is an issue with "Video Processing" You probably notice that the "Blue haze" moves with the people moving. Follows the black edges I'll bet.

Yes, this can be handled by replacing the Main Video board.

Now, I looked at your model number, and had to add HDTV to it, because that was the only Model that came up using your model number. I hope you just forgot that part.

We do need your serial number prefix to get the part number, look at this picture --

graphic

So get that information back to me. I'll be in and out today, chores, stuff to do, etc

But I'll check back here for your response.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Is the screen flicker when this happens caused by the same board? It flashes and will go black when this happens. Any suggestions as to where I can purchase this circuit board? (I've heard that many of the discount houses on the internet have boards that sometimes do not work.) Is there a place where I can get a repair manual or would this be a waste of finance?

Data from rear of set:

Model VW32L HDTV40A

SN LUPDJCK1309550

Thanks.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Yeah, generally you don't get 2 problems showing up at the same time, you get ONE problem causing many symptoms, so the Flicker is related.

You'll find "boards that do not work" even from Visio themselves...so a discount house is no luckier than the manufacturer and vice versa.

The part number to repair your problem is --

3632-0622-0150

And it's not stocked at Encompassparts.com

https://www.encompassparts.com/webwiz/wwiz.asp?wwizmstr=WEB.SEE&partnumber=7999539&smodel=VW32LHDTV40A

And ShopJimmy (a VERY GOOD part reseller) doesn't have ANY of those boards either --

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=VW32L+HDTV40A

Keep going down until the prices gray out.....then you'll see Main Board and Power supply boards listed. Even they don't have them.

Both guarantee their parts with a warranty. So, if you got a bad board from either, they send another board.

The problem is the board isn't in stock at either part supplier, and googling it didn't come up with any.

If they still stock the part, you could be waiting up to 4 or 6 weeks if it's on backorder.

Oh, wait.....I remember seeing this --

graphic

That tells me a LOT....

New Plan of Action --

Get online and search for --

Sony and Samsung TVs

Find a good price. Then buy it locally for best service and support. Your ability to get parts to fix it yourself will be improved dramatically !

I can't help you fix your TV today, but I can help you buy a TV set that has the best chance of getting fixed in the future. Sony or Samsung is my Answer to that.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

TV Tech1, Technician
Experience: 30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.