Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Why did my Samsung DLP tv picture get dark You can see the

Why did my Samsung DLP tv picture get dark? You can see the picture, but no brightness to it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HL-T5675S 55" Samsung DLP

Yes it will be the lamp
Please don't be tempted by cheaper lamps on the internet you need a genuine oem lamp as sold here

Please get one complete with housing its easier to change

Here also is a video to show you how to replace th elamp for 90% of samsung dlp sets

The lamp must be replaced every 2 to 2.5 years for normal use

Let me know if you need anymore info

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So every 2 yrs. Ok, so does the lamp just start losing it's brightness, then eventually just burn out? The TV is 4 yrs old, so it's due. Do most places carry these bulbs, or is it an online order?

Yes every 2 years this is important to protect the light engine from damage,theirs a number of ways the lamp can fail but yes losing brightness is one way, I would recommend you use the supplier I have indicated, we are not in any way affiliated to that supplier its just that they sell genuine lamps their are a lot of cheaper lamps on the internet but don't bother these are bad poorly manuf lamps, the lamp will take about 24 hours to get to you once ordered

Let me know if I can help anymore

Many Thanks