technical_specialist
technical_specialist, Technician
Experience:  I am a technical specialist specializing in LCD, LED, and plasma TV's.
58037585

I have a 46 inch dynex lcd and the cc will not turn off. I

Customer Question

I have a 46 inch dynex lcd and the cc will not turn off. I have the cc option off on the menu, yet I still have closed captioning
Category: TV
Expert:  technical_specialist replied 5 years ago.

technical_specialist :

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer, I will be more than glad to assist you trouble shoot the problem. What do you have connected to the TV as a source (antenna, cable, satellite, DVD player etc.) and how is it connected (Coax, HDMI, RCA cables, component, etc.)? A lot of times the CC may not be coming from the TV but rather from the source. At the same time if you are using cable or satellite and you are turning the CC off using the cable remote than you most likely have the CC turned on from the TV.