Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

my tv vcr/dvd combo just wont turn on, I turned it off earlier

my tv vcr/dvd combo just wont turn on, I turned it off earlier and tried to turn it back on and nada can you help please
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Initially, post back with the model number. Additionally, by "...wont turn on..."; is the combo completely/electrically dead or is it in standby but will not fully turn on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model MW20F51 completely dead
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Try plugging the Toshiba to another outlet.

Offhand, if the Toshiba MW20F51 still will not power on even if plugged to a known to be operational outlet, then it would almost always point to an internal hardware issue.

As such, the MW20F51 would have to be opened up to effect repairs. Unfortunately, no quick easy fix.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? Do you have access to a multimeter and a soldering iron?

If yes to the above, likely preliminary suspect that would require checking/replacements would be:
  • switching regulator Q1705 (least likely);
  • open R1718 (likely);
  • open fuse F1701 (most likely).

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should you need additional information.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How to get the back off I see two phillips screws where else do I loosen
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Please reference below image.