TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

Hi, I have a Sharp Aquos LC32D44EBK, I cant get any channels,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Sharp Aquos LC32D44EBK, I can't get any channels, its just displaying the Status: Database Empty message.I can't seemto find anyway to reset, or scan for channels.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Well there are actually two setups you have to do to get your local stations. First the Analogue setup is done with the INITIAL SETUP screen in your menu. Once done, then you switch the TV set to DTV with the button and run the Auto Scan for the DTV tuner.

You have to do both to get your Digital TV stations to show up.

Take a look --

Try the auto install first, then switch to DTV and do the Auto install in that mode second.

using the DTV menu.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ive had the TV 3 years, so I can't run the auto instalation; hence my problem. It's worked fine up to now...
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

There should be an auto installation setup in your TV menu --You may have to press the Radio button, then press it again to select TV instead of DTV mode. Once there, access your TV menu, not the DTV menu. and see if it's in the setup menu.

If it's grayed out, then it's not accessible in the mode you are in. You have to actually perform the analogue channel scan first, then the DTV channel scan second to get all the available channels.

If this procedure doesn't produce results, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Ive managed to do a analogue scan. it only found 2 channels though. When i click on to DTV it dosent display an option to just says Database empty :(
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Well, when you get there, you're supposed to press the DTV menu button and set it up there first. did you run the autoscan in the DTV menu?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is no option to run an auto scan in the DVT menu
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Ok, then your Digital Main board has failed.

The part number to fix your problem is --

That board has the input jacks on it, the tuner and the databus. Your micro isn't recognizing that you have a Digital tuner in it.

Now, we have a site that does provide the board --

And I know that they had a warehouse in the UK, but they merged the US and UK operations together.

I don't know if that affects shipping or not, but I do suggest you copy and paste that part number I gave you into Google, and see what sites are available in the UK first. Then choose the best overall shipping cost available to you, ok?

When you get the board, simply lay your TV on a padded table and remove the rear cover. Your cables and plugs have locks on them, so depress the lock and pull the plugs out. Then remove the screws holding the board to the frame, swap the boards, plug the plugs back in and screw it onto the frame.

Re-install the rear cover and you're done.

Re-Run the intial setup, or run the Auto Scan in the TV mode first, then the Auto Scan in the Digital mode next.

You should have both your analog and digital tuning back at that time.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.