TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

Our DTV antenna stopped working the same time as our external

Our DTV antenna stopped working the same time as our external speakers, which strikes me as an odd coincidence. I know it's a connection problem because we hooked up a functional antenna to the TV and that didn't work either. However, our HDMI connection works just fine.

Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

So your Digital Antenna doesn't recieve any TV stations that you can see on the TV screen?

But your HDMI does give you picture and sound and through your Extenal speakers too, or only thru your speakers on the TV set??

Let me know if you get a DTV picture, but no sound.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The antenna doesn't receive any stations. The HDMI gives picture and sound, but through the TV's internal speakers only.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Ok, since your TV stations were there before, and now they are not, the Digital tuner is dead.

You didn't just happen to switch from Cable to Over the Air Antenna, and this problem showed up?

Just want to make sure of that.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct, we haven't switched from cable or anything.

If the Digital tundra accounts for the lack of stations, what of the external speakers? Can't be coincidental that they malfunctioned at the same time...
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Well presently they may not be working, but the board that fixes your tuner is the same board that fixes any audio issues you may have too. So I haven't really worried about troubleshooting that issue, because a bad tuner will not produce sound and process it over to your external speakers anyways.

Here is the part number of the board you need to replace --

That's your main board, it has all the input jacks on it.

Tuner and Audio circuits are built into that board.

You can buy it at these sites --

Hmm, not a lot of suppliers.

I think you better hit that first site fast and get one ordered. The alternative is to ship you old board to TriState or Moduslink to get it rebuilt for you.

You'll have to lay the TV face down on a padded table and remove the screws out of the back cover and remove it, Then you unplug the locking plugs from the board (depress the tabs/locks to release the plugs) then remove the screws off the board and swap the new board. Re-assemble it and fire it up and autoprogram it and you will have your sound back too.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.