TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

I have a Mitsubishi LT 52151 flat screen

I have a Mitsubishi LT 52151 flat screen. For the past few months the audio will not work when i turn it on. If I hold the power button in and count to 10 it reset but now it does not help. I have no sound and tried everything…any thoughts ?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Well the audio circuit has finally failed on your TV set. You will need to replace the main board on it. That's the one with all the input jacks on it.

Part number is 934C335005

Hmm, looks like they are out of stock right now....

Wow, seems everybody is out of stock, so it's likely to be on National Backorder and unavailable for 4-6 weeks possibly.

Of course it could come in later this week. But that's hard to know.

Anyways, use that part number I gave you, and simply use it to Google the part suppliers, and get one.

Now, replacing the board is fairly simple. You should lay the TV face down on a blanked table. Remove all the screws in the rear cover and pull the rear cover off.

The board you will be replacing has several Locking connectors, so squeeze the tabs and waddle the connectors off. Then remove the screws on the board. get the now board out, and swap any trim plates over to the new one. Screw it back in, plug the plugs back in, and put the rear cover back on.

You'll get your sound back...

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was looking at one of the links I googled and it said to check firmware updates first as 85. % of audio issues are resolved. I did this and it resolved my tv audio issue.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

You're right, there is a software download on your TV set. You must have had HDMI Issues.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I guess I feel like we should split the difference . You supplied with me a lead via the links, but your ultimate response was incorrect …if I had not read them all I would have been out $ 150 - 250.

I am not happy to accept the answer based on this, but willing to give half based on your leads….