Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

i am trying to connect a wireless headset to my 42 inch panasonic.

Customer Question

i am trying to connect a wireless headset to my 42 inch panasonic. I can't find the right audio plugs on the TV. I am trying to connect a sony make.believe headset.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

To be able to help you, we will need the complete model number of the TV. There will be a tag on the back with the model number.

Does the wireless headset have a RCA red and white connector for the transmitter?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can not get the model number off the back. The headset does have red and white connectors. I have to leave for dinner in about 15 minutes.
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

We really need the model number to help you.

You can post back the model number when you get back - I will be off this evening, but back tomorrow to help you.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will need someones help to turn the TV. It might take me a few days since I live alone.
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

No problem, I am on almost every day at different times. If you have the TV's manual, you can use the model number from the manual.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am returning the product to best buy. thanks anyway
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

I believe the problem you are having, is that many of the newer TVs do not have an analog (line voltage) audio output - many only have a digital audio output. If you get another TV you want a TV that has analog audio outputs to be able to use the headphones, or you will need a converter box to use the headphones.

Thanks,