Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

my sharp aquos power light is blinking and the tv will not

my sharp aquos power light is blinking and the tv will not turn on.I live in florida and we had a power surge last night. I have unplugged the tv to see if it will reset,helpI am a single woman with no money,what do I do???
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Is the light blinking a code? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX blinks are not pausing...the tv is approximately 5 years old.I amso stressed and scared.....I do not have extra money work all the time and I do not trust anyone.Please help me.Wendy, Iwill be happy to pay your fee if you help me.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Do you have any repair expereince or know how to use a meter?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, ido not even know what you are asking
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not hears back from you,please give me some advice? should I keep the tv unplugged?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $250-300

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $300-$400 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Lastly you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $800 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you know someone with experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i do not know any tv you know any reputable repairman in the wpb area of florida
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
I do not personally know anyone in that area, however if you use you should find a good shop.

All the shops on that list are NESDA members so you can be assured that they are good and will treat you fairly.