Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

I get sound but no picture on my sharp aquos quan 52

Customer Question

I get sound but no picture on my sharp aquos quan 52"
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

We're going to need a little bit more than that :)

6 questions for you:

Is the TV new to you?

If not, was it working fine previosuly?

Do you use a surround sound system for audio?

If so, I need details on that.

Are you using a cable box?

If so, how is it connected to the TV.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have had the tv 1 yr it worked fine until one month ago no surround system it is on bell sat system it is connected with cables from sat box to tv have my old tv RCA hooked up it wors fine I turn on sharp tv and there is sound no picture when this first happened I would turn off power and turn on quicly and it would get picturwe as I was told this would work it did for a couple days now nothing
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Thanks for that.

Is the TV completely dead or do you get a power LED lighting up when you plug it in?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the tv is not completetly dead I get sound power light comes on I can ghange channels as normal but do not get picture

Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I understand. When you reply, give me the full model number please.

It could be three things.

1. Main Board

2. Power inverter board(s)

3. Backlighting (LCD Panel).

Let me know the model number and we'll try and narrow it down. Would you be able to remove the back from the set and check a few things? Do you have a meter?

Let me know.

Steve G., Technician
Experience: VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in mt office at work will have to drive home and get model # XXXXX is a 1 yr old 52 " aquas quqnt I would be able to remove the bac when I get home and I also hav meter
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Ok, shoot me over the model number so that I have the right manual.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok will do
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

I have to respond to remove the lock from this question.

Report back when only when you are ready :)

Thanks.