Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

The remote for my Proscan TV has stopped working, is there

The remote for my Proscan TV has stopped working, is there some way to figure out a code for a Universal Remote or replace my present remote?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Can you please get the model number off the back of the TV?

Also, when did this problem occur?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

I'm not sure if it has always been a problem or if my husband dropped it or some such thing. It is his TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the reply

Initially, test the remote by looking at the tip of it through the Viewfinder of a Digital or Cell Phone Camera.

Press any button on the remote and see if there's a bright white flash. If you do not see this, then the remote is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Here is a link to where you can purchase replacement remotes that are programmed to work on this TV:

If you do see the light on the tip of the remote, then the Remote (IR) sensor of the TV you're trying to operate is faulty and in need of service/replacement.

In that case, the set would need it's IR sensor replaced. You can locate a tech at the link below:

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!