Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main

Flatron TV wont turn on. The standby light comes on but nothing

Customer Question

Flatron TV won't turn on.
The standby light comes on but nothing else happens, no matter what buttons I push
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

So the set is stuck in standby red light on?can you activate the set from its own buttons ie on the set itself have you tried this?

I need to reply with an "accept" however we move on its just I need to follow a procedure

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Yes, I've pushed all buttons on the remote and the set
Hi

OK Is the light going dimmer when you press it to come on or is it staying solid red?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it's just staying green (standby) (this TV never had a red light)

It goes a fainter green when its turned on.

So it's hrd to say if it's in stndby or 'on' mode I'm afraid, but when I power it up again and hit the power on button it goes to a green colour and stays that way no matter what

Hi

OK I have just got the service manual and some info from LG the set has an internal failure LG agents usually either change the mainboard ,
Or replace the set if under warrenty, that mainboard is basically the whole set innards except the display and invertor, now if you was to do this it wont really be worthwhile as it basically equates to another monitor,

Please try and hook something upto it incase it is in the on mode and you have a tuner issue or something like that, try a pc or dvd?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've hooked it up to a PS3 and the same happens. I guess it's a new set for me then :D

Thanks anyway

Hi

Sorry about that the chassis mainboard isnt available anyhow so looks like you will need a new one, these monitors when they fail fail for good i'm afraid due to costs.....

Thanks for using us

Anthony