bluextc89, Technician
Experience:  Small Business Owner.

how to turn child lock off on lg 44lc7d television

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

44lc7d is not a valid model number. Can you double check and get back to me?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is actually 42lc7d
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Please read this whole post. If you have more questions after that, just ask. Once you're satisfied, please click the green "Accept" button (that's how I get paid). If you feel I may have saved you a headache or professional labor charges, please also consider leaving a tip and positive feedback. Thanks!

The default PIN is 0000. If that doesn't work, enter 7777 which is the override code. That will erase the previous and allow you to setup a new one.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i cant even use the remote control and when i try the buttons on the tv it just shows child lock on. i already know how to to change the locks coz ive downloaded the manual but i need to see the menu on the screen but it doesnt show
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
All that information would've been helpful to me, initially. I will opt out... perhaps someone else would care to help.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for sticking with us.

As you have seen - the default password XXXXX XXXXX
The override password (backdoor) is 7777

CHILD LOCK disables the TV buttons, and only the REMOTE can unlock it.

Please be sure you have fresh batteries and have pressed the TV button on the remote before entering the 7777 backdoor.

Next - test the remote is actually transmitting. Point it into a digital camera lense and look in the viewfinder (cellphones will work good) then press a few of the buttons to see if the IR transmitter "glows"... or put it near a radio tuned to an un-used AM station in your area - and you should hear some clicking noises from the radio's speaker.

If you need additional - Just Ask.