Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

I have a sanyo 42 inch lcd model number DP42840. When I turn

I have a sanyo 42 inch lcd model number DP42840. When I turn it on it just keeps turning itself on and off with no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

How long are the intervals between turning on and off and on again?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it stays on for 20 secs than shuts off and turns on

Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

The most likely culprit is a failing power supply. Typically, the board can't sustain the voltages needed and the TV shuts down. When the load is taken off teh supply (by shutting down) the voltages come back up and the TV comes on again - and this cycles as you are experiencing.

The fix would be to have someon look at the capacitors and other components on the power supply board or to simply swap out the board.

Here is one for $66US

If you can't swap it out yourself, add about $150US to have someone do it. It's not hard if you know how to use a screwdriver - simply remove the back of the TV and the PS board will be right there. Swap it out. Plug and Play.

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.

If you don't, please click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer' and please leave positive feedback. If you do not plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click accept but instead, tell me how I can improve on my answer. Bonuses are a bonus!

Thanks very much.