PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

my hitachi 60 inch lcd dlp 500va has a greenish color screen

Customer Question

my hitachi 60 inch lcd dlp 500va has a greenish color screen now does this mean the lamp is going and has to be replaced
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.

PramitP :

Hello, Welcome to Justanswer.

Can you re-check the model no.?

JACUSTOMER-u3ao4f24- :

Yes sorry it's the 60v710

PramitP :

How old is it?

JACUSTOMER-u3ao4f24- :

im tod it 5 years old

PramitP :

Okay Tod, does it happen with all the inputs?

JACUSTOMER-u3ao4f24- :

yes

PramitP :

If you pull up the on screen menu does it remain?

JACUSTOMER-u3ao4f24- :

yres

JACUSTOMER-u3ao4f24- :

yes

PramitP :

Seems like the TV has a bad light engine. It is not very uncommon with DLP sets. The light engine is like the heart of a DLP set. This is the part that shines images onto the screen. When polarizers inside it stop to function properly, the tint appears. If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV. You can get parts by CLICKING HERE. Part no. for light engine is UX23683DThere is a company which rebuilds light engine. You can click on the link on the link below to check it out.
http://www.tristatemodule.com/

You can contact Hitachi Support for the same. You have to call 800-HITACHI and request a service. Since it is only 4 years old, they might consider it as a premature failure of light engine and give you a discount, but you will have to persuade for that. Hope it helps.

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

PramitP :

Please click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if you are SATISFIED with my help. Before leaving a negative feedback, give me one more chance to help you further.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are greatly appreciated!!

JACUSTOMER-u3ao4f24- :

i put that part in that site and says it no longer exists

JACUSTOMER-u3ao4f24- :

where can i get this part

PramitP :

Then I suggest you contact Hitachi or click here. One more thing, get a service manual before you replace it yourself.

PramitP :