Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

my vizio tv it keeps flickering and giving a blue screen

Customer Question

what is wrong with my vizio tv it keeps flickering and giving me a blue screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

-I am sorry for the delay, would you still like assistance with this?

Please let me know.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what would you like 2 know
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
If you press the MENU button on the tv itself does the menu show up?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it does
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Does it look normal or flicker?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
flicker on a blue screen
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set.

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $300-$400 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Lastly you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $800 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: vizio had a blue screen now its black and flickering
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other. what does it mean when your vizio VW42LHDTV10A tv screen starts blinking black and making noise