Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a SVA TFT LCD Monitor/Color TV Model #EV1703 (gift a

I have a SVA TFT LCD Monitor/Color TV Model #EV1703 (gift a few years ago from my daughter). Works great never any problems.
Last night there was a bad storm and the lightning made the lights go out for about 2 minutes. The moniter flashed green and off.
Everything came back except for my TV. I have tried unplugging cable & monitor. All I am getting are black, white, tri-color bars on the screen. There is no sound.
There is a delayed response from remote in turning it on. It goes off from the monitor
with no problem. I would like to know if I can get it back working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

The most common problem when there is a power outage, is that the outboard switchmode power supply will fail. You can purchase a new supply at the link below for your TV:

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!